Friday, October 19, 2012

Pottery Barn Placemats to Pillows

DIY Pottery Barn Fall Pillows from placemats for under $7

 
I love shopping Outlet malls for the discounts but when shopping at the Pottery Barn Outlet, swooning over all of the great fall pillow covers, I was a bit shocked that they were still $30 for just the cover and then you had to buy the insert separately.
 
I'm just too cheap for that though so I continued to look around for other great deals and when I came across the table decor and saw the gorgeous fall placemats an idea came to me. I could open up the seams and stuff my own pillows with the placemats!
 
I quickly grabbed a mat and flipped it over to check the price $6.99 each!



Much better than $30 but even better, they were all 20% off!! Now I can get down with that :) I grabbed a few and made my way back to the pillow section to check out the pillow insert prices, ummm yeah, wasn't in the budget, so a trip to Goodwill would be next on the agenda.
 
So after running through Goodwill for some $1 pillows I got to work...

 
I cut open a little seam
 
 
Then cut open the Goodwill pillow and removed the stuffing
 
 
Shoved that stuffing into the opening in the placemat
 
 
Looking good!!
 
 
Now I do know how to sew so I just ran that little corner through the sewing machine, if you however do not have a sewing machine or don't want to sew, you could always buy some steam-a-seam and iron that seam closed.
 
Here they are in all their glory on the front porch
 
 
Not bad for under $7 each pillow!!
 
 
 
 
 See you back tomorrow for the full front porch all decked out for Fall :)
 
 
Linking up with some great parties
 
The Shabby NestPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. very PRETTY !!! I get pillows @ Goodwill and wash them in HOT water and recover them ! very cheap & pretty ! I just recover them ; never thought of taking the stuffing out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have some pillows and knobby sweaters from the goodwill currently waiting for a washing ;)

      Delete
  2. Seriously BRILLIANT! And you can buy cute, colorful placemats in ANY color scheme... and they're wayyy cheaper than the pillows! Found you through Knockoff Decor, btw :) Love me a good PB knockoff!!!

    ReplyDelete